• Research & Development Specialist (R&D) – Cosmetologist*
Davis Pharmaceutics ltd. are looking for a full-time Pharmacist/Chemist for their Islamabad Head Office with an experience in formulating Make Up cosmetics, Skincare Products, Serums, Hair Products, creams, Lotions, and emulsion-based formula’s. You must have prior experience in Make-up formulations and colorants.
Qualification——– Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy / Science (Chemistry)
• Formulate, research, test stabilize, troubleshoot, validate specifications, and perform other research activities related to organic make up industry.
• Successfully prepare skincare products, hair products, serums, make up, creams and lotion-based formulations.
• Develop batches from scratch; and improve upon and scale up existing batches.
• Review current formulations and optimize for better performance and optimal ingredients.
• Optimize manufacturing processes of current and new products lines.
• Analyze all changes to existing formulas to determine proper testing and stability effects
• Assist manufacturing with adjustments/troubleshooting relative to formulation batching/mixing.
• Follow projects from formulation development through manufacturing, including helping to establish manufacturing procedures.
• Ensure color fastness, accurate color reproduction, stability, and durability of products.
• Contribute in establishing manufacturing procedures.
• Liaise with colorists, marketing, chemical/colors suppliers, and production staff to solve problems, and provide technical feedback when necessary.
• Work with product development groups to identify new ingredients available on the cosmetic market and integrate them in new or existing formulations where needed.
• Keep up to date with regulatory restrictions related to cosmetic products (state, federal, and international).
• Work with current team on improving equipment and capabilities of the experimental lab on site and the quality control procedures performed in it.
• Assist in resolving product or process problems.
• Stay current on developments in the cosmetic field and continue to demonstrate performance improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualification, Experience and Skills Set
• Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy / Science (Chemistry)
• 3–5-year experience in development and manufacturing of makeup, cream and lotion-based formulations.
• Technical knowledge of chemistry, polymers, colorants, emulsions, surfactants, and other raw materials used in the cosmetic industry.
• Detail oriented and highly organized.
• Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability and desire to take ownership.
• Understanding of consumer insights related to product development, and experience in assessing and developing intellectual property are a plus.
• Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Display a sense of urgency and initiative with creativity and flexibility.
Share Resume on:
Job Type: Full-time